If you have been injured by a drunk driver you need a former DUI Prosecutor on your side.
These accidents tend to involve both reckless driving and high levels of speed on the part of the Drunk Driver. These cases require a higher level of skill and experience to properly handle them. Your Injury Attorney should have experience as a DUI Prosecutor in order to deal with the unique issues that arise in proving a DUI in Court. As a former Tampa DUI Prosecutor and experienced Tampa Accident Attorney I have handled over 1000 cases involving Drunk Drivers.
Some of the unique issues in a DUI Accident are:
- Can anyone identify the driver of the car that caused the accident?
- Did the at fault driver show clues of impairment immediately after the accident?
- Did the at fault driver show signs of impairment during the roadside sobriety tests?
- Did the at fault driver take or refuse a breath test?
- Did the Officer video tape the roadside sobriety tests or the breath test?
- Did the Police reconstruct the accident?
- Was the intoxalyzer 8000 properly maintained?
- Were the statements by the at fault driver obtained legally?
If you are the victim of a Tampa Bay Auto Accident involving a drunk driver DO NOT hire an Accident Attorney without asking about his/her experience in handling DUI cases! At the Law Offices of Michael Herron we are all former DUI prosecutors with the experience needed to properly handle a DUI Accident case.